NEW YORK — New York State is turning to humor to try to get people to keep wearing a mask during the pandemic.
This 30-second PSA stars a character who looks suspiciously like the serial killer “Jason” from the “Friday the 13th” slasher horror films.
He is walking around the streets of New York City in his hockey mask, unintentionally terrifying people while trying to fit in.
He finds out it is because he is not wearing a “protective” mask.
The tagline reads, “Wearing a mask can be scary. Not wearing one can be deadly.” Ogilvy Health produced the ad.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- DPBR suspends Tampa business’ alcohol license for violating COVID-19 regulations
- More than 800 students in one Georgia school district quarantined after 1st week of classes
- More than half of parents in the U.S. want kids to return to in-person learning, report says
- Manatee accounts for more than a third of Monday’s COVID-19 deaths in Florida, medical examiner blames backlog
- Hand sanitizer recall: FDA list of ‘toxic’ sanitizers climbs to 135