ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s top business regulator said he planned to meet with bar owners to discuss how they can reopen their businesses again safely.
Halsey Beshears, the secretary of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, said Saturday that he is planning to start setting up meetings with owners of bars and breweries across the state later this week to discuss how they can reopen without spreading the virus.
Last month, Florida banned alcohol consumption at its bars in response to a spike in the number of coronavirus cases.
Beshears remarks come as the Department of Health reported 12,199 new cases.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Family members of couple killed in downtown St. Petersburg want intersection improvements
- CDC investigating woman’s death after Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Tampa woman nearly loses homeowner’s insurance over faulty county-owned sidewalk
- Crew-2 launch: When and how to watch NASA, SpaceX send crewed mission to ISS Friday
- Hundreds of unfinished pools leaves homeowners angry, frustrates authorities