TAMPA, Fla, (WFLA) – Floridians who were unemployed in August are now eligible to possibly get another $300 unemployment benefit payment.
According to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, it submitted and was approved to provide a fourth week of Federal Lost Wages Assistance (LWA) program benefits for eligible Floridians.
The FDEO said those eligible should expect to receive the additional benefit sometime this week. The fourth week will be the last week of LWA benefits provided.
The original LWA application was for three weeks and those payments have been provided to eligible Floridians for weeks ending Aug. 1, Aug. 8 and Aug. 15.
For more information on the LWA program, click here.
To file for unemployment benefits, visit the FDEO’s website.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- SBA chief says government is working to recover fraudulent loans
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Mitt Romney says he did not vote for Trump in the 2020 election
- Projections show Florida beginning another surge of daily coronavirus deaths