TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 50,000 people have been infected with the the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 740 new cases Sunday, bringing the state’s total to 50,867. More than 9,381 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,237— up five from Saturday.
As of Sunday morning, the world has seen over 5.3 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 342,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.6 million cases and over 97,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,824
Total Cases: 1,127
Total Cases: 569
Total Cases: 968
Total Cases: 339
Total Cases: 858
Total Cases: 105
Total Cases: 112
Total Cases: 119
Total Cases: 75
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Do plexiglass COVID barriers really work, and what will become of them?
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Mediation ends at an impasse
- CDC investigating heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccine
- Disney World now only requiring masks on park transportation
- Alaska cruise law may affect Florida lawsuit against CDC