TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 50,000 people have been infected with the the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 740 new cases Sunday, bringing the state’s total to 50,867. More than 9,381 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,237— up five from Saturday.
As of Sunday morning, the world has seen over 5.3 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 342,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.6 million cases and over 97,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,824
Total Cases: 1,127
Total Cases: 569
Total Cases: 968
Total Cases: 339
Total Cases: 858
Total Cases: 105
Total Cases: 112
Total Cases: 119
Total Cases: 75
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- 11-year-old Florida boy dies of coronavirus, state data shows
- Rep. Greg Steube doesn’t think Florida’s increasing coronavirus numbers are ‘entirely accurate’
- Miami-Dade County mayor issues countywide curfew amid rising coronavirus cases
- Here’s where you’ll have to quarantine if you’re traveling to or from Florida
- DEO says 100% of eligible unemployment applicants paid while barriers to benefits persist