TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 50,000 people have been infected with the the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 676 new cases Saturday, bringing the state’s total to 50,127. More than 9,310 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,232— up 42 from Friday.
As of Saturday morning, the world has seen over 5.2 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 338,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.6 million cases and over 96,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,765
Total Cases: 1,108
Total Cases: 560
Total Cases: 952
Total Cases: 331
Total Cases: 843
Total Cases: 105
Total Cases: 111
Total Cases: 119
Total Cases: 61
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Man uses superhero characters to spread joy amid pandemic
- Over 2,000 cases of coronavirus reported in Florida last two days
- Quarantine cuts number of Florida traffic crashes in half
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Homeless Florida student to graduate as valedictorian