TAMPA (WFLA) – Florida public school campuses are now closed through the month of April throughout the state following a new guidance by the Florida Department of Health and CDC.
This includes all public and charter schools. All extracurricular activities have also been canceled during this timeframe.
Monday was the first day of distance learning for districts in Florida.
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Publix sales skyrocket $4.6 billion due to coronavirus pandemic
- Read the full transcript of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ State of the State address
- Tampa Bay businesses counting on spring break after dismal 2020
- Twitter cracks down on COVID vaccine misinformation
- Markers in blood appear to predict severe COVID-19 infection