TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus until June 2.
The governor’s original executive order on the issue was signed on April 2 and would run through May 17.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House
- Vaccine registration to open this weekend for seniors in Pinellas County
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Carnival Cruise Line extends cancellations through April