TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus for 45 days.
The executive order is effective today and will run through May 17.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Local leaders fear protests may increase cases of COVID-19 as numbers begin to climb
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- AP source: NBA owners approve 22-team season restart plan
- ‘Udderly Amazing!’: Manatee County teacher surprises her pre-K students in unique way
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports over 1.4K new cases, 41 deaths in latest update