TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus for 45 days.
The executive order is effective today and will run through May 17.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa Bay area doctors warn of graduation party danger amid rise in COVID-19 cases among teens
- Disney theme parks take $3.5 billion hit due to coronavirus
- Florida Education Association asks judge for temporary injunction to delay start of school statewide this fall
- Tampa Bay deaf community facing challenges amid mask mandates
- USF, UCF, UF among top 10 colleges with most coronavirus cases reported