TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus for 45 days.
The executive order is effective today and will run through May 17.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa Bay honor roll student struggles to graduate, citing impact of COVID-19 pandemic
- Rochelle Walensky exits as CDC chief
- COVID health emergency over: WHO downgrades pandemic
- Report: Florida officials cut key data from vaccine study
- Pregnant women can pass COVID-19 to babies, causing brain damage: UM study