TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus for 45 days.
The executive order is effective today and will run through May 17.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Publix expands COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to all Florida K-12 teachers, school personnel
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,118 new cases, 120 new deaths
- Walgreens, Walmart, CVS offering COVID vaccines to Florida teachers of any age
- Great apes get COVID-19 vaccine at San Diego Zoo
- COVID-19 vaccine causing swelling that’s showing up on mammograms