(CNN) – There’s no need to feel leery at the grocery store. The USDA and the FDA released a statement saying people can’t contract the coronavirus from food or food packaging.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn say food producers, processors and regulators are “taking every necessary precaution to prioritize food safety.”
The statement adds the US is the “global leader” in ensuring food products are secure for consumption.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Kansas newspaper’s post equates mask mandate with Holocaust
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Police: 2 women hit by car on Seattle highway amid protest
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors
- Pres. Thomas Jefferson through the eyes of his Black descendants