(CNN) – There’s no need to feel leery at the grocery store. The USDA and the FDA released a statement saying people can’t contract the coronavirus from food or food packaging.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn say food producers, processors and regulators are “taking every necessary precaution to prioritize food safety.”
The statement adds the US is the “global leader” in ensuring food products are secure for consumption.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Father of New England Patriots RB James White, Florida police officer dies in car crash
- Police arrest suspect in Sarasota homicide
- Supreme Court honors Justice Ginsburg with black drapes over bench chair
- Biden to GOP senators: Don’t jam through Ginsburg nominee
- Man dies, 2 others injured following 3-car crash in Spring Hill