(CNN) – The US Food and Drug Administration has given the okay for the world’s first fully-transparent surgical mask.
They’re made by ClearMask, an American medical supply company.
Traditional surgical masks block mouths, which can sometimes impede effective communication.
The company says ClearMask helps improve that visual communication, while still offering a high level of protection. They can even be used in operating rooms.
ClearMask says their masks are especially helpful for people with hearing impairments and during conversations between people who don’t speak the same language.
The masks are available to buy in bulk in the FDA cleared medical or non-medical grade.
You can find them online at buy.theclearmask.com.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- President Trump rallies in Georgia ahead of Senate runoffs
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music provide personalized 2020 review
- Organizers put south St. Pete businesses on notice at rally to end gun violence
- Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help