TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – One of America’s top infectious disease doctors and a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force said he hasn’t spoken to President Donald Trump in two weeks.
Doctor Anthony Fauci said his last interaction with Trump was on May 18 when he spoke during a teleconference with the nation’s governors.
He also said the task force last met on May 28.
Fauci is the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and has also been one of the most prominent faces during the pandemic.
There is no word on why he hasn’t met with Trump in two weeks.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- How the 3 COVID-19 vaccines compare
- Walk-ups now welcome at FEMA vaccine site in Tampa
- Florida Strawberry Festival opens in Plant City with COVID-19 restrictions
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- Tampa Bay teacher plans road trip to Alabama to get the coronavirus vaccine