(CNN) – At least 28 family members are sick and one is dead after coronavirus spread from relative to relative in California.
Richard Garay says his 60-year-old father died of COVID-19 a day before Father’s Day.
Garay is 27 years old but says he struggled to get through the illness also. Other family members infected include a 2-year-old and a pregnant woman.
“You can’t really explain the feeling of losing a father on Father’s Day or before Father’s Day. It’s, it’s something tough to process, a difficult thing to think about,” Garay said. “I wish I could have held my father. I wish I could have told him I love him, that I’m okay. I wish my father was here.”
Garay says the family isn’t sure how so many people got infected. He says they don’t hold a party or any large gatherings. They think one person got infected and, from there, the outbreak spread.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Landlords face financial hardship with Florida’s eviction moratorium extended through July
- Kansas newspaper’s post equates mask mandate with Holocaust
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Police: 2 women hit by car on Seattle highway amid protest
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors