Sitel Corp. employee, Jeffery Travis Long, falsely claimed he had COVID-19, causing the company to shut down for five days, according to Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright.
“Seems to me like the fellow just wanted a two week paid vacation,” Sheriff Chuck Wright said during a press conference Thursday.
The sheriff said he used a forged doctor’s excuse.
He is facing charges for breach of peace and forgery, and is facing up to ten years in prison
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- FSU coach Norvell tests positive for coronavirus before Miami game
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma