(CNN/WFLA) – The Empire State Building has replaced signature white lights to honor first responders during the coronavirus pandemic.
The building was lit up with a red and white siren display on Monday while Alicia Keys’ “Empire State of Mind” played in the background.
“Starting tonight through the COVID-19 battle, our signature white lights will be replaced by the heartbeat of America with a white and red siren in the mast for heroic emergency workers on the front line of the fight,” read a tweet from the building’s official Twitter account.
Another tweet said the building will shine with the “heartbeat of America” through the pandemic.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Concerns grow over post-Thanksgiving COVID-19 surge
- Trooper injured, armed robbery suspects arrested in multi-county chase
- WFLA hosting 12th annual Kindness Day Friday, Dec. 11
- LIVE: Gov. DeSantis holds first news conference in 3 weeks to address COVID-19
- Author of new Steve McQueen books discusses what made the “King of Cool” human