(CNN/WFLA) – The Empire State Building has replaced signature white lights to honor first responders during the coronavirus pandemic.
The building was lit up with a red and white siren display on Monday while Alicia Keys’ “Empire State of Mind” played in the background.
“Starting tonight through the COVID-19 battle, our signature white lights will be replaced by the heartbeat of America with a white and red siren in the mast for heroic emergency workers on the front line of the fight,” read a tweet from the building’s official Twitter account.
Another tweet said the building will shine with the “heartbeat of America” through the pandemic.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Canadian PM Trudeau follows through with bet after Lightning Stanley Cup win
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital re-activates no visitor policy due to rise in COVID-19 cases
- Report of ‘erratic’ person leads officers to dead, partially dismembered woman in Florida apartment
- 20 ways women stole the show in the first week of the 2020 Games
- Walmart requiring vaccination, masks for many employees