(CNN) – Dozens of Secret Service agents will be quarantined following President Donald Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, according to a law enforcement official who described the quarantine as a precaution.
Saturday’s rally packed a little over 6,000 people into the Bank of Oklahoma Center, fire officials said. But face masks and social distancing were not required.
Eight Trump staffers who helped organize the event have tested positive for the coronavirus, and so did two secret service agents, according to a source familiar with the matter.
The Secret Service says it does not provide information about how many employees may be quarantined or infected, but says its still able to fulfill all of its duties.
- Golfer drowns in pond while searching for his ball at Oldsmar country club
- Cuomo asks state AG to investigate sexual harassment allegations against him
- Crowds rush Clearwater Beach for the first unofficial day of Spring Break
- Nigerian families await news of 300 kidnapped schoolgirls
- Fire causes ‘extensive damage’ to Spring Hill car wash overnight