TAMPA (WFLA) – The Department of Justice is warning Americans that various cards claiming to exempt the holder from face-covering ordinances are fraudulent and not endorsed by the U.S. Department of Justice.
“These postings were not issued by the department and are not endorsed by the department,” the press release reads. “The Department urges the public not to rely on the information contained in these postings and to visit ADA.gov for ADA information issued by the Department.”
The news comes following multiple county ordinances that are enacting mask ordinances for residents and employees including in Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Jill Biden to host drive-in rally in Tampa on Sunday
- Tampa man creates unique device for socially distant trick or treating