The doctor who served as a medical adviser during the filming of the 2011 pandemic movie Contagion has announced he tested positive for coronavirus.
Dr. Ian Lipkin, who assisted director Steve Soderbergh during the filming of the 2011 film, revealed the positive test during an interview on Fox News on Tuesday.
“If it can hit me, it can hit anybody. That’s the message I want to convey,” Dr. Lipkin told Fox’s David Asman.
Dr. Lipkin did not provide any other details about how he contracted the virus.
Many of the scenes in the 2011 film reflect Dr. Lipkin’s experiences in Beijing during the 2003 SARS outbreak.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Police: St. Pete man charged with murder of ex-wife missing since Feb.
- WATCH SOON: Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Motorcyclist and bicyclist killed in collision on Bayshore Blvd.
- Tiger among exotic animals officials find in search of Texas home
- Coronavirus in Florida: 21 dead, 843 test positive for COVID-19 in latest update