TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Walt Disney company will soon furlough non-union park employees in the United States.
According to CNBC, the furlough will begin April 19 as theme parks remain closed amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The company released a statement on Thursday, saying employees will be paid a total of five additional weeks of compensation.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- COVID-19 vaccine to be offered to every Florida long-term care facility by Feb. 1, Gov. DeSantis says
- Florida has only distributed 50% of COVID-19 vaccine supply, WH press secretary says
- When will Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration system launch?
- Biden explains how he arrived at $1,400 stimulus check amount
- When will everyone have access to COVID vaccine? Biden says this spring