TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Walt Disney company will soon furlough non-union park employees in the United States.
According to CNBC, the furlough will begin April 19 as theme parks remain closed amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The company released a statement on Thursday, saying employees will be paid a total of five additional weeks of compensation.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa Bay nursing home residents dealing with isolation during pandemic
- Florida unemployment claims continue to climb as US adds 2.5M jobs in May
- Phase Two promising for Florida’s tourism economy
- Florida sees record increase in coronavirus cases, millennials make up most Hillsborough cases
- Safari Wilderness Ranch provides families with up-close exotic animal experience from car in Lakeland