ORLANDO (WESH) -Gov. Ron DeSantis said he will be making an announcement about gyms in the state of Florida on Friday.
The state agency that regulates gyms has been calling on DeSantis to make a decision about reopening as owners across the state have become increasingly frustrated.
Gyms were not included in phase one of the governor’s plan to reopen Florida.
The reopen Florida task force had suggested having movie theaters and gyms open at 50% capacity in phase one, but the governor decided against that.
After initially keeping barbershops and hair salons closed, the governor announced last week that they would be allowed to open in phase one.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Study: Florida’s top phobia is virus, germs
- US-Canada border closed until November 21
- CVS wants to hire 15K employees to prepare for expected rise in COVID-19, flu cases
- We have millions more rapid virus tests, but are results reported?
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day