TAMPA (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis has signed an executive order suspending mortgage foreclosures and evections due to the coronavirus until Aug. 1.
The governor’s original executive order on the issue was signed on April 2 and was scheduled to end on July 1.
The order states this does not relieve an individual from their obligation to make mortgage or rent payments.
Protesters and fellow lawmakers had called on the governor to extend the moratorium on Tuesday.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- USF international students concerned about upcoming semester amid fears of being forced to leave US
- Florida coronavirus: Sarasota mom says she’s battling virus along with testing delays
- 5 Pinellas County Hospitals reach max ICU capacity
- Tampa Bay businesses received millions in PPP loans
- COVID-19 testing site to open at Mahaffey Theater parking garage on Wednesday