WASHINGTON (WFLA) – The United States Department of Defense announced the death of a contractor who tested positive for coronavirus on Sunday.
The DoD said the contractor was based in Crystal City and worked at the Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The worker died Saturday.
“The individual had tested positive for COVID-19 and had been under medical treatment at a local hospital,” the department said in a statement.
The spaces where the patient worked have been cleaned and the person’s co-workers have been teleworking, the department said.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Biden: 200 million more COVID-19 vaccines ordered, set to arrive this summer
- World surpasses 100M confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Here’s what has to happen for $1,400 stimulus checks to become reality
- Florida ranked 5th in states with least COVID-19 restrictions
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,594 new cases, 227 new deaths