(CNN) – A Wisconsin farmer says he had to get rid of 56,000 pounds of milk because no one is buying it. It’s one of the effects the coronavirus is having on the US economy.
Mark Mueller is the owner of Mueller Dairy Farm in Greenleaf. He says the milk harvested from the nearly 1,000 cows at his dairy farm will rot.
Mueller is worried the COVID-19 pandemic is preventing dairy farmers, like him, from getting their milk to market.
He also says the restaurant closures severely hurt his business because there was no place for him to haul his product.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Counties with the highest COVID-19 vaccination rate in Florida
- Where to get COVID vaccine appointments for kids under 5
- COVID-19 vaccine not offered for kids under 5 years old at Publix
- New COVID-19 variants raise limited worries of new spikes
- Publix not offering COVID-19 vaccine to children under 5