(CNN) – A Wisconsin farmer says he had to get rid of 56,000 pounds of milk because no one is buying it. It’s one of the effects the coronavirus is having on the US economy.
Mark Mueller is the owner of Mueller Dairy Farm in Greenleaf. He says the milk harvested from the nearly 1,000 cows at his dairy farm will rot.
Mueller is worried the COVID-19 pandemic is preventing dairy farmers, like him, from getting their milk to market.
He also says the restaurant closures severely hurt his business because there was no place for him to haul his product.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Thanksgiving eve not as brisk for business in St. Petersburg in 2020
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Doctor: Current US coronavirus testing strategy isn’t working