FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WESH)—Two cruise ships with dozens of sick passengers on board off Florida’s coast have received a conditional approval to dock.
The two ill-fated cruise ships are awaiting word about when the vessels will be allowed to dock at Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades after a conditional agreement was reached between officials in South Florida and Carnival Cruise Line.
Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine tweeted that a final document would be released Thursday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Animal hospital offers free care for police horses injured during weekend protests
- LIVE: SpaceX’s astronaut-riding Dragon docks on space station
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks
- ‘Different tone today’: Tampa mayor, police chief address Saturday ‘riots’
- Police make nearly 1,400 arrests in 17 cities as protests continue