FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WESH)—Two cruise ships with dozens of sick passengers on board off Florida’s coast have received a conditional approval to dock.
The two ill-fated cruise ships are awaiting word about when the vessels will be allowed to dock at Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades after a conditional agreement was reached between officials in South Florida and Carnival Cruise Line.
Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine tweeted that a final document would be released Thursday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- 150 missing Tennessee children recovered by law enforcement during months-long operation
- Michael Stanley, Cleveland music legend, dealing with ‘serious health issues,’ family says
- Former Buccaneer Kellen Winslow II gets 14 years for rapes
- Biden: ‘Big mistake’ by states to drop mask rule
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,014 new cases, 132 new deaths