CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A drive-thru coronavirus testing site will open Monday in the Ruth Eckerd Hall parking lot in Clearwater.
The site, located at 1111 McMullen Booth Rd, will run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The site is opening in partnership with the Pinellas County Government, Department of Health Pinellas, BayCare City of Clearwater, Clearwater Police Department and
the Ruth Eckerd Hall.
“Even though COVID has been with us for months the ability for people to find out if they’re positive or negative has not gone away. We’re seeing people need that information to go back to work, school, so many settings, just to be in their family or friend structure they want to know where they stand. So we’re so proud of what’s happened in our community,” said Baycare VP of Community Relations, Keri Eisenbeis.
Testing is first come first served, but you’re asked to come only if have you symptoms or a doctor’s note.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Manatee County commissioners vote to repeal mandatory mask mandate
- Disney forced to lay off 28k employees as pandemic hits theme park business
- Florida publishes coronavirus data tracker for schools across the state