BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Department of Health Manatee County will open a drive-through COVID-19 collection site for patients with a prescription at the Bradenton Area Convention Center.
The site will be open from Thursday through Sunday.
Patients at the collection site must have a prescription to be tested for COVID-19 and have made an appointment in advance with the Manatee Health Department. The screening is free.
To make an appointment, call 941-748-0747.
In addition to the appointment, patients will need proof of Manatee County residency and a photo ID that matches the name on the prescription.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
Those missing the documentation will be told to leave and must call again to re-book.
A total of 200 tests can be administered at the convention center site, 50 a day.
Officials confirmed Thursday is completely booked and that other appointments are going quickly.
As of 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, 40 spots remain open on Friday, 43 on Saturday and 49 on Sunday.
There is a four day turnaround on the test.
Anyone in Manatee County who believes they may have COVID-19 should call the Manatee Health Line at 941-242-6649 before calling 911 or visiting a hospital emergency room.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,431 new cases, resident deaths surpass 19,000
- Stimulus check update: Pelosi says there is ‘momentum’ toward COVID-19 relief
- Tampa General Hospital preparing to accept first shipments of coronavirus vaccine