(AP) – Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton is in isolation at a hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus. He returned to Australia on Sunday from Washington, D.C., where he met U.S. Attorney-General William Barr and President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, last week.
Dutton also attended a conference with other representatives of the Five Eyes intelligence network, which includes the U.S., Canada, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
Dutton said Friday he was in isolation in a hospital after confirmation he has the virus.
Australian authorities have stepped up their response to the outbreak by recommending people avoid nonessential gatherings of 500 or more and to reconsider all international travel.
Australia has more than 120 confirmed cases. It is mild to moderate for most people but can be severe in older adults and those with existing health problems.
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines
- Florida sheriff: Man coughs on deputy, says he has virus