(AP) – Australian Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton is in isolation at a hospital after testing positive for the coronavirus. He returned to Australia on Sunday from Washington, D.C., where he met U.S. Attorney-General William Barr and President Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, last week.
Dutton also attended a conference with other representatives of the Five Eyes intelligence network, which includes the U.S., Canada, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
Dutton said Friday he was in isolation in a hospital after confirmation he has the virus.
Australian authorities have stepped up their response to the outbreak by recommending people avoid nonessential gatherings of 500 or more and to reconsider all international travel.
Australia has more than 120 confirmed cases. It is mild to moderate for most people but can be severe in older adults and those with existing health problems.
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls
- Judd: Polk County paramedic arrested for stealing coronavirus vaccines
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
- Man points gun at witness who saw him steal fountain drink at Polk Co. McDonalds, deputies say