TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 2,000 people have died of the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded more than 1,200 cases on Wednesday, bringing the state’s total number of cases up to 48,675. More than 8,900 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,144 — up 48 from Wednesday.
As of Thursday morning, the world has seen over five million cases of the novel coronavirus and 329,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.55 million cases and over 93,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,767
Total Cases: 1,109
Total Cases: 550
Total Cases: 933
Total Cases: 335
Total Cases: 822
Total Cases: 108
Total Cases: 110
Total Cases: 115
Total Cases: 54
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Coronavirus in Florida: Past month in review
- White House bans travel to the US from Brazil
- Where seniors would have walked to graduate, names in chalk
- CCCHS celebrates graduates with drive-through ceremony and parade
- New York Times publishes names of American lives lost to coronavirus