TAMPA (WFLA) — More than 52,000 people have been infected with the the novel coronavirus in the state of Florida, according to the latest figures on the health department’s website.
Florida recorded 424 new cases Tuesday, bringing the state’s total to 52,170. More than 9,482 people have been hospitalized with the virus. The death toll is now 2,259— up seven from Monday.
As of Tuesday morning, the world has seen over 5.5 million cases of the novel coronavirus and 347,000 deaths. The United States has more than 1.6 million cases and over 98,000 deaths.
Total Cases: 1,911
Total Cases: 1,147
Total Cases: 577
Total Cases: 983
Total Cases: 359
Total Cases: 880
Total Cases: 108
Total Cases: 113
Total Cases: 119
Total Cases: 85
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Changes in vaccine program leads to questions in Hillsborough County
- Polk Co. hospitals begin administering vaccines in public events for seniors