TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Department of Health confirmed 104 new cases of the novel coronavirus on Thursday, bringing the state’s total to 432.
According to the health department’s online map, nine people have died of the virus in Florida, the latest being a person in Duval County who had previously tested positive.
The map shows more people have tested positive for the virus in Hillsborough, Sarasota and Pasco counties.
There are currently 67 cases in the Tampa Bay area:
- Hillsborough County: 20
- Pinellas County: 16
- Manatee County 9
- Sarasota County: 6
- Pasco County: 5
- Hernando County: 4
- Polk County: 4
- Citrus County: 3
The state is currently monitoring 1,005 people.
The department said it is now able to test more people for the virus after partnering with private laboratories around the state.
There are currently 13,159 cases of coronavirus in the United States. Around 175 people have died. The global death toll is 9,843.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Idaho pastor hospitalized after defying mask mandate
- Group issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map
- FSU coach Norvell tests positive for coronavirus before Miami game
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 3,573 new cases
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma