TAMPA (WFLA) — Coronavirus cases in Florida surpassed 700 Saturday afternoon as the total number of cases in the U.S. rose to nearly 20,000.
The amount of people that have died since Friday night’s update from the Florida Dept. of Health has risen from 10 to 12.
The number of positive cases in the state is now at 763. From that 706 are Florida residents and 57 are non-Florida residents currently isolated in the state.
There are currently 135 cases in the Tampa Bay area:
- Hillsborough County: 47
- Pinellas County: 29
- Manatee County 13
- Sarasota County: 14
- Pasco County: 8
- Hernando County: 6
- Polk County: 10
- Citrus County: 8
For the FDOH’s interactive map of the coronavirus pandemic, click here.
LATEST ON CORONAVIRUS:
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Rate of new home construction rises, creates new opportunities for workers amidst pandemic
- U.S. COVID-19 cases surge past 9 million
- Trump pitches ‘back to normal’ as Biden warns of tough days
- Lakeland hospitals prepare for possible COVID-19 surge, vaccination distribution