SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A new coronavirus testing site is popping up in Sarasota County on Wednesday.
The county’s health department is hosting a “by-appointment, COVID-19 drive-thru testing opportunity” from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Englewood Sports Complex, 1300 South River Road, Englewood.
The tests are available to anyone who is currently experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) or who works in a health care setting.
To make an appointment, call 941-861-2883, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The health department said appointments are limited, but more testing opportunities may be scheduled in the future.
- Mandatory masks: Where are face coverings required in Tampa Bay?
- Two Bay Area men missing following plane crash, loved ones seek volunteers and equipment to continue search
- Florida coronavirus: Over 14,000 total COVID-19 deaths reported in state
- Persistent pothole problem leaves residents in Sarasota County calling 8 On Your Side for help
- Florida coronavirus: Tampa Bay surpasses 120,000 total coronavirus cases