SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A new coronavirus testing site is popping up in Sarasota County on Wednesday.
The county’s health department is hosting a “by-appointment, COVID-19 drive-thru testing opportunity” from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Englewood Sports Complex, 1300 South River Road, Englewood.
The tests are available to anyone who is currently experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) or who works in a health care setting.
To make an appointment, call 941-861-2883, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The health department said appointments are limited, but more testing opportunities may be scheduled in the future.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 5,539 new COVID-19 cases and 118 deaths
- 4,000 seniors to get vaccinated in Sarasota over the weekend
- Florida surpasses 1.9M total COVID-19 cases since beginning of pandemic
- First doctors, nurses in Florida to treat COVID-19 patient reflect on grueling, emotional year
- Nik Wallenda’s Daredevil Rally drive-in show returning to Sarasota