TAMPA (WFLA) – Major cruise line Royal Caribbean says that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days.
The suspension will begin at midnight tonight and will involve all fleets.
Royal Caribbean said in a statement:
We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacations, and we are truly sorry for their inconvenience. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption.
Our business is providing great vacations and creating great memories. We look forward to getting back to work as soon as we can.
Royal Caribbean is one of six cruise lines that departs out of Port Tampa Bay
LATEST ON CORONAVIRUS
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines
- NASA AT HOME: Even in self-isolation, the universe can be yours
- Delta offers free flights to medical professionals