TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – As the United States now leads the world in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases with more than 82,000,
There are now 2,484 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state, up 328 from Wednesday night. This includes 2,352 cases in Florida residents and 125 cases in non-Florida residents.
Six more deaths were reported on Thursday, including one in Hillsborough County. The death toll stands at 29.
- Hillsborough County: 151
- Highlands County: 5
- Pinellas County: 65
- Manatee County 25
- Sarasota County: 34
- Pasco County: 21
- Hernando County: 9
- Polk County: 20
- Citrus County: 11
The cities with the most cases in the Tampa Bay area:
- Tampa: 107
- Bradenton 15
- Clearwater 14
- Sarasota 14
- Riverview 13
- Saint Petersburg 12
An additional 1,698 people are being monitored for coronavirus throughout the state.
The department said last week that it was able to test more people for the virus after partnering with laboratories around the state.
There are currently 83,507 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the U.S., and 529,093 in the world. The U.S. death toll is 1,201, while the global death toll stands at nearly 24,000.
For more information on coronavirus in Florida, visit the live DOH Dashboard here.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series