SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
- Victims in St. Petersburg park assault claim it was a hate crime
- L.A. County motor deputy killed in crash while trying to initiate traffic stop: Sheriff says
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Port Richey man charged with sexual battery on 13-year-old girl
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9T COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday