TAMPA (WFLA/NBC) – Brazil honored health workers around the world on Easter Sunday.
Rio De Janeiro’s iconic Christ the Redeemer statue wore scrubs and had a stethoscope around his neck.
Images were projected onto the statue showing it dressed as a health worker later to be replaced by flags from countries around the world.
Under the flags the word, “Hope” was projected.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- You may have to a wear mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 response team holds briefing as US approval of J&J vaccine nears
- LIVE: House expected to approve $1.9T virus relief bill
- Manatee County begins scheduling 7,650 vaccine appointments with new automated system