TAMPA (WFLA/NBC) – Brazil honored health workers around the world on Easter Sunday.
Rio De Janeiro’s iconic Christ the Redeemer statue wore scrubs and had a stethoscope around his neck.
Images were projected onto the statue showing it dressed as a health worker later to be replaced by flags from countries around the world.
Under the flags the word, “Hope” was projected.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US
- Walmart extending hours in November, keeping special shopping hour for seniors
- Social media scams surging amid coronavirus pandemic, FTC reports
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi says deal can happen before election if Trump approves