(CNN) – Chipotle workers are getting a temporary pay bump. The restaurant is giving employees what it calls “assistance pay.”
It boils down to a 10 percent increase to hourly pay earned between March 16 and April 12.
Chipotle is also expanding its emergency leave benefits to workers impacted by COVID-19.
These employees will receive pay equal to the greater of their average hours worked or whatever they’ve been scheduled to work for the upcoming two-week period.
Like most restaurants, Chipotle is serving food only as takeout or delivery.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Then vs. now: Aerial videos taken 2 weeks apart show stark difference on Clearwater Beach in wake of coronavirus
- Amazon fires warehouse worker who led walkout over coronavirus
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- Get $200 to watch your favorite Disney movie
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo tests positive for coronavirus