(CNN) – Chipotle workers are getting a temporary pay bump. The restaurant is giving employees what it calls “assistance pay.”
It boils down to a 10 percent increase to hourly pay earned between March 16 and April 12.
Chipotle is also expanding its emergency leave benefits to workers impacted by COVID-19.
These employees will receive pay equal to the greater of their average hours worked or whatever they’ve been scheduled to work for the upcoming two-week period.
Like most restaurants, Chipotle is serving food only as takeout or delivery.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- St. Pete officials hoping Rays World Series watch parties boost tourism but don’t impact coronavirus
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Crooks get rich on government program meant to help struggling small businesses