(NBC) – For the first time since the global coronavirus outbreak began, China has reported no new domestic cases of the illness. Only eight deaths were reported for Wednesday, all of which occurred in Hubei province, which includes the city of Wuhan where the pandemic started.
Globally, the number of coronavirus cases has topped 200,000, according to Johns Hopkins University.
The concern about the economic consequences of the pandemic spurred another widespread decline in stock prices Wednesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average closing down over 1,300 points. Meanwhile, two members of Congress have tested positive.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Hillsborough County seniors prepare to receive COVID-19 vaccine as new vaccine site opens this week
- ‘Come with me if you want to live’: Schwarzenegger gets COVID vaccine, urges others to follow suit
- Hillsborough County to resume giving seniors COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations