TAMPA (CNN Newsource) – The question of who should be the first to get the coronavirus vaccines after its developed– may have just been answered by the CDC.
On Wednesday, the health institute says they suggest healthcare workers should be the first to get vaccinated.
There are currently between 17 and 20 million essential healthcare workers in the U.S.
After that, the federal agency says non-healthcare essential workers should be next followed by adults with underlying medical conditions and then people over the age of 65.
A doctor at the CDC says there might be a vote in September on the allocation of initial doses.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida on track to top 1 million total coronavirus cases this week
- NYC school system, largest in the US, to begin phased reopening in December
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 7,364 new cases, expected to hit 1 million total cases within next 2 days
- Couple holds wedding ceremony outside living facility for grandmother to see