SAN FRANCISCO, Calif (CNN) – The mayor of San Francisco is urging people not to gather for an annual marijuana celebration.
April 20 is 4/20 day and has become popular with cannabis users supposedly because of an old trend of smoking pot at 4:20 in the afternoon.
This year, San Francisco Mayor London Breed says area around Robin Williams Meadow in Golden Gate Park, the site of the annual 4/20 celebration, will be fenced off and police will be patrolling the area.
She says it’s just not safe for people to celebrate with coronavirus still spreading.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Sarasota county parents sue over mask mandate for students
- Polk school board member concerned about e-learning, urges community members to take action
- Illinois governor bans indoor dining in Chicago amid virus surge
- ‘We want to see the cruise ships sail again’: DeSantis says he’s working with White House
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day