SAN FRANCISCO, Calif (CNN) – The mayor of San Francisco is urging people not to gather for an annual marijuana celebration.
April 20 is 4/20 day and has become popular with cannabis users supposedly because of an old trend of smoking pot at 4:20 in the afternoon.
This year, San Francisco Mayor London Breed says area around Robin Williams Meadow in Golden Gate Park, the site of the annual 4/20 celebration, will be fenced off and police will be patrolling the area.
She says it’s just not safe for people to celebrate with coronavirus still spreading.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Health worker: Rite Aid throws away extra COVID-19 vaccines
- New York Yankees kick off spring training season with fans in attendance
- First US J&J vaccine doses shipping Sunday night
- US panel endorses one-dose vaccine option from J&J
- Gov. DeSantis expands COVID-19 vaccine eligibility for ‘high-risk’ people 65 and under