TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – An assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has tested positive for coronavirus.
The positive COVID-19 case within the Bucs organization was originally reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. WFLA’s Dan Lucas later confirmed the news with the Buccaneers.
We have learned the coach has been quarantined along with two other Buccaneers assistants. The organization has not released the name of the coach or the assistants who are in quarantine.
According to the Bucs, the assistant coach who tested positive is asymptomatic.
Buccaneers coaches returned to One Buc Place on Monday.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Beware of carnivorous hammerhead worms wreaking havoc on lawns
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Tropical Depression 16 forms in the Atlantic
- North Port community holds candlelight vigil for Gabby Petito
- ‘I wanted to support her’: Barber shaves own head to comfort woman battling breast cancer
- COVID-19 variants: What happens when we finish the Greek alphabet?