TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – An assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has tested positive for coronavirus.
The positive COVID-19 case within the Bucs organization was originally reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. WFLA’s Dan Lucas later confirmed the news with the Buccaneers.
We have learned the coach has been quarantined along with two other Buccaneers assistants. The organization has not released the name of the coach or the assistants who are in quarantine.
According to the Bucs, the assistant coach who tested positive is asymptomatic.
Buccaneers coaches returned to One Buc Place on Monday.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Twins attending USC reunite with doctor who helped save them 17 years ago
- 16 arrested in child sex sting, including Manatee County sergeant
- Rollover crash affecting traffic on Park Boulevard in Pinellas Park
- Celebrate Tampa Bay’s unique community with deals, events from 727 to 813
- Gunman at large after shooting at Louisiana hospital