TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – An assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has tested positive for coronavirus.
The positive COVID-19 case within the Bucs organization was originally reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter. WFLA’s Dan Lucas later confirmed the news with the Buccaneers.
We have learned the coach has been quarantined along with two other Buccaneers assistants. The organization has not released the name of the coach or the assistants who are in quarantine.
According to the Bucs, the assistant coach who tested positive is asymptomatic.
Buccaneers coaches returned to One Buc Place on Monday.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Mega Millions jackpot now $865M, winning numbers drawn
- Clearwater police investigating carjacking, search for suspect underway
- Senate’s top Democrat, Republican seek path to guide 50-50 chamber
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- 8 On Your Side investigates 49th Street intersection complaints