NEW YORK (WFLA) – CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin announced Friday she tested positive for the coronavirus, becoming the network’s second anchor to be diagnosed.
“I am OKAY. It came on suddenly (Thursday) afternoon. Chills, aches, fever,” Baldwin said in an Instagram post. “I’ve been social distancing. Doing ALL the things we’re being told to do. Still – it got me.”
Baldwin said she’s healthy and has no underlying conditions.
“Honestly, I feel like one of the lucky ones,” she said.
In her post, Baldwin said she looks forward to being back on TV and seeing everyone again soon. She also took time to praise health care workers.
“Shout out to the doctors and nurse who are doing the real work right now,” she said.
Her announcement comes just days after CNN anchor Chris Cuomo announced he had tested positive for the virus.
Cuomo announced his diagnosis Tuesday on Twitter.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus
- Here’s what holiday shoppers plan to buy to avoid returns during pandemic
- Inmates can get COVID-19 relief money, no matter their offense, judge rules
- Pandemic turns Tupperware into an ‘it brand’
- Florida coronavirus: State reports over 4K new COVID-19 cases for 3rd day in a row