NEW YORK (WFLA) – CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin announced Friday she tested positive for the coronavirus, becoming the network’s second anchor to be diagnosed.
“I am OKAY. It came on suddenly (Thursday) afternoon. Chills, aches, fever,” Baldwin said in an Instagram post. “I’ve been social distancing. Doing ALL the things we’re being told to do. Still – it got me.”
Baldwin said she’s healthy and has no underlying conditions.
“Honestly, I feel like one of the lucky ones,” she said.
In her post, Baldwin said she looks forward to being back on TV and seeing everyone again soon. She also took time to praise health care workers.
“Shout out to the doctors and nurse who are doing the real work right now,” she said.
Her announcement comes just days after CNN anchor Chris Cuomo announced he had tested positive for the virus.
Cuomo announced his diagnosis Tuesday on Twitter.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion