CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – One Tampa Bay area brewery is using National Beer Day to help people affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic by making hand sanitizer.
Big Storm Brewing is currently utilizing three stills to produce more than 200 gallons of commercially-packaged sanitizer to create hand sanitizer everyday.
“This has been a win-win. Shifting to producing hand sanitizer has allowed us to retain employees while manufacturing a critical resource during this incredibly difficult time,” said Big Storm co-owner L.J. Govoni.
The Clearwater-based company is supplying government agencies, law enforcement, medical providers and businesses deemed “essential.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida coronavirus: Positivity rate remains steady as state surpasses 700,000 total cases
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 2 officers save man who uses wheelchair from car minutes before it bursts into flames
- Volunteers build playground for 6-year-old South Carolina boy with leukemia
- PTSD after COVID-19: ‘No doubt it’ll happen,’ says National Institute of Mental Health director