CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – One Tampa Bay area brewery is using National Beer Day to help people affected by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic by making hand sanitizer.
Big Storm Brewing is currently utilizing three stills to produce more than 200 gallons of commercially-packaged sanitizer to create hand sanitizer everyday.
“This has been a win-win. Shifting to producing hand sanitizer has allowed us to retain employees while manufacturing a critical resource during this incredibly difficult time,” said Big Storm co-owner L.J. Govoni.
The Clearwater-based company is supplying government agencies, law enforcement, medical providers and businesses deemed “essential.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion
- Pasco County COVID-19 vaccine registration opens 2 p.m. Sunday