Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden will not travel to Milwaukee to accept his party’s White House nomination because of concerns over the coronavirus.
That’s according to a Democrat with knowledge of the decision who spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity to discuss planning.
The move is the latest example of the pandemic’s sweeping effects on the 2020 presidential election and the latest blow to traditional party nominating conventions that historically have marked the start of fall general election campaigns.
- Activists want Biden to defund ICE, overhaul migrant detention policies
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- Grindr date leaves teen in hospital for nearly a month, scarred for life
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Mostly sunny, warm and dry through Wednesday in Tampa Bay