Concern over White’s safety arose on Twitter Wednesday night after Tom Hanks announced that he and his wife, Rita Wilson, had contracted the virus.
White’s fans were concerned for her health, especially since people over the age of 60 and anyone with serious medical conditions are most at risk for the virus.
However, one of White’s representatives confirmed to TODAY on Thursday that “Betty is fine.”
Currently, there are nearly 126,400 confirmed cases of the virus globally. U.S. cases have ballooned this week, nearly tripling since Monday at more than 1,300.
60,000 people who have contracted the disease have recovered.
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- St. Pete city leaders announce proposals for Tropicana Field site redevelopment
- Small diverse-owned businesses hope to benefit from the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay
- Man charged after allegedly selling stimulus checks stolen with help of postal worker