Concern over White’s safety arose on Twitter Wednesday night after Tom Hanks announced that he and his wife, Rita Wilson, had contracted the virus.
White’s fans were concerned for her health, especially since people over the age of 60 and anyone with serious medical conditions are most at risk for the virus.
However, one of White’s representatives confirmed to TODAY on Thursday that “Betty is fine.”
Currently, there are nearly 126,400 confirmed cases of the virus globally. U.S. cases have ballooned this week, nearly tripling since Monday at more than 1,300.
60,000 people who have contracted the disease have recovered.
- Sarasota police officer plays basketball with kids while masked
- Boston Marathon canceled for first time in history
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- WHO using ‘Despicable Me’ ‘minions’ in COVID-19 public service announcement
- MAP: How many lifeguards are employed by local counties?