WASHINGTON (NBC)— Americans have significantly more confidence in their governors than in President Donald Trump when it comes to handling the coronavirus, according to new data from an NBC News/SurveyMonkey Weekly Tracking Poll.
Forty-three percent of respondents approve of Trump’s handling of the pandemic, while 55 percent disapprove.
That’s compared to 60 percent of Americans who say they approve of how their governors are handling the response and just 37 percent who said they disapprove.
And 7 out of 10 Americans say they trust their governors over the president to decide when to reopen businesses in their area. Just 25 percent say they trust Trump over their governors. Even among Republicans, just over half — 53 percent — say they trust the president’s judgment on reopening over that of their governors.
- WATCH: Officer saves save man in wheelchair from oncoming train
- Back-to-school battle: Hearing set for Florida school reopening lawsuit
- Biden raises $26M in 24 hours after Harris VP announcement
- Lawsuit: CVS Pharmacy refused to fill Riverview woman’s opioid prescription
- Tropical Depression 11 disorganized, still expected to become Josephine