TAMPA (CNN) – Jeff Bezos is lending a helping hand.
The CEO of Amazon announced he’s donating 100-million dollars to feed the hungry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funds are going to Feeding America, which doles money to food banks across the U.S., this is the biggest single donation the non-profit has ever received.
Feeding America released a statement saying Bezos’ gift will allow the group to provide food to millions.
Despite the act of generosity Bezos is drawing criticism from some who say he hasn’t been protecting his own workers well enough from the coronavirus.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Miami Heat to use COVID-19-sniffing dogs to screen fans at games
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,535 new cases, 129 new deaths
- 600 seniors in Hillsborough County get COVID-19 vaccine as part of initiative expansion