(WFLA/CNN Newsource) – Airline travel is down nearly 96 percent compared to this time last year.
That’s according to two metrics CNN has analyzed.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
The transportation security administration said on April 8 of last year, it checked in more than two million people a day.
This year, it screened just shy of 95,000 people on the same day.
The industry group Airlines for America confirms the drop in travelers.
It said only about one in every 10 seats on the U.S. domestic planes that do fly are occupied.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Tampa city councilman thankful after surviving battle with coronavirus
- Worker fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Patient hospitalized for COVID-19 plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- CDC considers shortening coronavirus quarantine period