WASHINGTON (WFLA) — California Representative Adam Schiff says he is taking extra precautions after one of his former staff members tested positive for COVID-19 ten days ago.
Schiff said Sunday that even though doctors believe the staffer contracted the virus after leaving his office, he’s still taking additional distancing precautions.
Those distancing precautions include postponing meetings and teleworking, Schiff said.
“Throughout this health crisis, I feel that the job of elected officials is to push out the best information possible, listen to the advice of public health professionals and scientists, and be cautious,” Schiff wrote.
Schiff said the former staff member is feeling better and no current staff have reported any flu-like symptoms.
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- Unusual treatment shows promise for kids with brain tumors
- Sheriff Grady Judd to provide details on fatal officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- 5,200 tons of cosmic dust fall to Earth each year
- WATCH: News Channel 8’s Deanne King rides with the Blue Angels