SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota Memorial Hospital has announced an eighth patient at the hospital has died from coronavirus.
To date, 72 patients have tested positive and 10 additional staff employees at the hospital have tested positive for COVID-19.
Currently, the hospital is caring for 32 patients who have tested positive for the virus at this time. The hospital has tested more than 870 people since the outbreak began.
The hospital has safely discharged 44 positive patients.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- 30-year-old Manatee County school employee dies from COVID-19
- No, vaccine side effects don’t tell you how well your immune system will protect you from COVID-19
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 4,237 new cases, 32 new deaths
- Flyer says she was not allowed on AA flight because mask was see-through
- Fauci hints coronavirus policy on face masks may change