NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Grand Villa of New Port Richey announced on Friday eight staff members at the assisted living facility have tested positive for COVID-19.
John Moschner, president of SenCare Management, said in a video posted to Grand Villa’s Facebook page that 31 staff members tested.
8 staff members tested positive and according to Moschner were all asymptomactic.
“We immediately sent those staff members home to self-isolate and seek medical treatment,” Moschner said.
Moschner says the facility has been in contact with the Florida Department of Health for expanded testing for staff and residents.
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Masks greatly reduce size of ‘cough clouds’, study finds
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positivity drops below 4% after big test day
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US